Enterprises today understand the value of employing a master data management (MDM) solution for managing and governing mission critical information assets. Many enterprises are now adopting and making full use of turnkey business applications offered as MDM software as a service (SaaS) solutions, such as customer relationship management (CRM), payroll processing, human resource management, and many more.
Apparently, the industry has seen an enormous growth in the adoption of SaaS applications in the last few years. Eventually more than 50% of the organizations have a SaaS strategy defined as part of their IT roadmap strategies and many application providers are supporting this strategy by enabling a majority of their software solution to be cloud ready. Nonetheless, the evolution of SaaS applications has given the birth to an extended enterprise.
Understanding the Technical Impact of Employing MDM (SaaS) Application in Enterprises:
Organizations those are arming up to embrace the SaaS revolution might experience business and technical impacts in following areas:
- Application Integration: SaaS integration with on-premises applications will become a primary requirement and perhaps will initiate important conversations on data security. Moreover, organizations will be required to implement the SaaS integration in a way that it does not compromise corporate IT security guidelines.
- Data Integration:Enterprises will face a serious need to integrate company’s critical data assets, such as master data and reference data, between SaaS applications and on-premises applications. It will keep ensuring if data quality and policies are implemented in a seamless governance model.
- Process Integration: End-to-end process integration for CRM customer relationship management, support and service delivery, across all touch points will form an important factor for the organizations looking forward to implement SaaS. In such cases, business users and data stewards should have the ability and knowledge to participate in workflows and other business processes that include data, rules, and processes that span both on-premises applications and SaaS applications.
MDM master data management is more about managing the data than the data itself. So, radically the fundamental capabilities of software are important in determining the quality of the information. Let’s see what are the challenges in overcoming business and operational issues from within the SaaS applications using a native MDM or internal MDM?
- Incomplete information
- Consistent de-duplication strategy and results that are a common phenomenon observed in most applications.
- Data augmentation through business hierarchies that classifies and categorize customer information.
- Redundant enforcement mechanisms that hinder enterprise-wide governance initiatives.
- Other integration challenges like Cross border, Data integration such as Real-time data integration, near real-time data integration, bulk data integration, security and business process integration.
All these problem statements can be well handled by MDM and CRM for information completeness and accuracy.
There are some enterprises that are bit skeptical of using a MDM SaaS (software-as-a-service) or cloud solution for their enterprise needs. But in the context, what you should look for in an enterprise is scalability. This is especially important when you allow the employees of your organization to use their own computers, tabloids, or other devices for work purposes (BYOD).Article Source: Unlocking the Enterprises’ Use Cases and Problem Statements That Are Well Handled By MDM (Saas)